About This Meeting
Osteopathic Orthopedic Residency Program Directors and Core Faculty are required to attend an AOAO Educators’ Course, as outlined in the Basic Standards for Residency Training in Orthopedic Surgery:
- 6.2 Requirements
- 6.2.1 The Program Director shall attend an Educator’s Course approved by the AOAO at least once every three (3) years.
- 6.2.2 A new Program Director must take an Educator’s Course during the first full year of his/her tenure as Program Director.
- 6.5.1 The Assistant Program Director shall attend an Educator’s Course approved by the AOAO at least once every three (3) years.
- 6.5.2 A new Assistant Program Director shall take an Educator’s Course during the first full year of his/her tenure as Assistant Program Director.
- 6.8.1 The Core Trainers shall attend an Educator’s Course approved by the AOAO at least once every five (5) years.
- 6.8.2 A new Core Faculty member must take an Educator’s Course during the first full year of his/her tenure.
This course is designed for Program Directors, Faculty and support and administrative staff with osteopathic orthopedic residency programs. This course is not designed for residents.
The goal of the Educators’ Course is to offer a diversified program of continuing education for the surgical specialty of orthopedics and to keep Osteopathic Orthopedic Surgical Residency Program Directors and Core Faculty informed regarding recent educational developments and techniques.
These objectives will be achieved through group discussions and lectures, as well as questions from participants and answers from presenters.
At the completion of this meeting, orthopedic surgeons associated with training programs will:
- Be more familiar with recent educational techniques in training residents.
- Be more aware of residency program training requirements and educational standards.
Approval of 9.5 AOA Category 1-A credits has been granted by the AOA Council on Continuing Medical Education.
This course does not qualify for orthopedic surgery specialty credits.